Saturday, August 25, 2012

Black Women DON'T Workout!!!!

Lol, Got your attention with that title huh???  Well, we ARE getting better but have a long way to go...


As you know, I have been a personal trainer for almost 20 years now.  I have heard it all.

One thing that really got me upset when I first started was trying to get Black women in the gym.  I heard all kinds of excuses, but the main was, "I don't want to sweat and mess up my hair".   Are you Fucking kidding me...?

I am a weave queen.  Have been for years.  It is easier for me to handle and mange.  I know those of you who go to the salon for a minimum of 5 hrs a pop, don't want to wet and sweat out your hair... But you do it in bed with your mate though.. hmmmmmmm  lol

On a real note..

Why do women care so much about their nails, toes and hair before their bodies?

Well, if you ask me it is an excuse.. a cover up because of laziness.

4-5 hours in the salon is ridiculous.  I know because I have been there.  My time is way too precious for that ish.

It bothers me when I am in the gym and I am the only Black woman in there.  It is not as bad as it use to be but we still have a ways to go.  I can't even say Women of Color because our Latino and Asian sistas be in there kicking it.  There are some gyms that meat markets and hang outs... I have one on the tip of my tongue but I am not going to go there.  LOL.  My sistas in there with gear on that they have no business wearing..
If your ass is too big and you have on leggings, please make sure a shirt covers up your butt.
Do you actually know what you look like from behind while on the treadmill?  Please don't get on the Eliptical....  wowowowow!!

Let me tell you about my sista's........

And get mad if you want to I really don't care.......

If you are in your 30's with a BIG ass that your man told you not to lose... can you imagine what you are going to look like at 35?  I fat ass mess.  Yeah, .... I said it.  An ass, butt, glutes, whatever  you want to call it is FAT and muscle.  If you have piled on enough fat, over the years, it is going to get bigger if you don't get in the gym and hit the weights, do some cardio and eat right.

You don't have to go on a strict diet.... just clean up your act.  Big ass bellies in a BodyCon dress is gross.  Really, when you bought that dress and you saw the rolls in the mirror did you think that was attractive?  Where is the mind set these days.. Where did this come from?  Your MAN?  Chile, Please..

As we get older, it gets harder and harder to get the weight off.  That is no joke.  Don't fall in that trap saying I am going to the gym and month after month goes by....while you are gaining pound after pound per month.

Take control of yourself and do it for you.  You can still workout and have a cute hairstyle if that is your issue.. I just want you in the gym.  If you can't afford a membership go walk around your neighborhood.  Start a Workout Group at your job and walk at lunch.  I have a few clients that do that as well and has been very effective.

If you can't afford a good eating plan, I have a GIVEAWAY you might want to enter, For a free customized eating plan for a month.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccm3xi2jqdk&feature=plcp

The more you enter the better the chances of winning..

Whatever you decide, do something for YOURSELF.. You only have One life....Get healthy and look good in the process....

Mwah!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment