Saturday, August 25, 2012

All Natural? Put some OIL in that Childs head!!!

REMEMBER FOLKS THIS IS MY DAYUM OPINION....OKAY??? OKAY!!!


Ok, about a week ago I made a comment about mothers/fathers putting oil and or sheen in Natural hair on kids on Facebook.

Dammit... I meant it..

I can elaborate more on here.

I am soooooo sick of seeing little girls  with dry as hay ass hair.  And on top of that it is not combed.  WTF??

Why would you let your child go out of the house looking like that.  When I was coming up that would NEVER happen.  And a lot of us had natural hair.  Put some Ultra Sheen in that hair and call it a day.

Okay, for those of you that do not know what natural hair is... It is where the hair that grows from the  scalp and has no chemical processing.  For Black hair that means that it CAN be course, curly, wavy,  fine or straight.  We have a whole lot of different grades of hair..

I am speaking on the course hair.  Yeah, it may be cute to see the girls  with the bows and headbands in their hair but if it looks like a wool ass rug that mess is a mess.  Parents actually think it is okay.. I see it in the mall, grocery story and even going to school and quite frankly I can't stand it..
Ashy looking hair that is all tangled up with a bow.. REALLY.  LOL

Little girls need to have their self esteem caressed.  That means that they have to feel good about how they look.  Mom/Dad, don't let your little girl be that one that everyone talks about.  Because trust me they do.. Even your friends, but they just won't tell ya.

That goes for braids too.  Personally, Im not a fan of braids...
Just because yo ass is lazy and does not want to do your childs head.. does not mean that you can get braids in your daughters head and not get touch ups.. That means around the hairline get then re-done with they start to look sloppy.  Now if she is in sports and is always sweating.. great hairstyle..

I was volunteering at my son's school last year and I saw a little girls braid fall on the floor because they needed to be redone.. One of the other kids picked it up and started SCREAMING.. "YOUR HAIR IS FALLING OUT".  I had to explain to the child that it was not her real hair.. The little girl with the braids was devastated.  That mother knew good and dayum well when she walked out the house that that childs head was fucked up.

I hate going to the barbershop every other week, but I will not have my son's head looking cray.. believe that.



Now for the other side of this.. INTERRACIAL HAIR.

I have seen a lot of White mothers with their kids hair looking like hay.. really,, the color and everything.. looks like hay.. (It can be pretty (color) but it needs luster.. )
That is because you can't take care of your childs hair like you take care of yours.. It is not the same.. it is MIXED.   Put some OIL in it.... dayum... You can't wash their hair every day...

  Some on the prettiest hair I have seen has come from interracial kids.  I love the wave pattern..  but a lot of them grow up hating their hair cos their moms didn't take the time to learn how to take care of it.

Aveda is a great hair product for mixed hair.  Try the Be Curly.  Smells incredible too.  No, I do not work for them but I love their products.

I don't see this issue with Black women who have kids with white men other than it might be too dayum greasy.. SMH...


I don't believe the "Good Hair"  thang either.. there is no such thing as Good Hair.. people stop saying that shyt.  If you take care of your hair, i.e. wash and condition it.... it is good.

Thats all I have to say on this..... Thank you..




No comments:

Post a Comment