Saturday, November 10, 2012

So You Think You Want To COMPETE!!!!???

Alright, I know I have been gone a minute.  A lot of things going on.. Those who know me know that I am  a HUSTLER, and I make shit happen.  Gotta make that money.  When you are self employed you have to make sure that you have AT LEAST 3 sources of income.  So when one goes down you have more income coming in and not left in the food line.  Thank God that I have the motivation and capability to do that.   Well, any way, my blog is not going to be about me HUSTLIN.. lmao it is about FITNESS, and even more direct than that, it is about COMPETING.  Getting on stage and showing the world all of the hard work that you have put in.

I am going to be very blunt about this because this week alone I have had 3 people come to me saying that they want me to train them for a competition.

First let me tell you, just seeing magazines, going to a local or national bodybuilding show, or having a friend or family member that competes, is not constitute  getting yo azz on stage and showing off your physique.  This goes for men and women.

Let me cut to the chase "BOTTOM LINE UPFRONT".  If you can't stay on a diet, this sport is not for you.  You can still look great and not compete. Dieting is 85% of Competing.  Competing is not for the weak minded.  We are EXTREMIST. ..... PERIOD.  That is with the diet and training.

I am not talking about doing a dayum fast or detox and think that is dieting... hell no.  The average amount of time getting ready for a show is 12-14 weeks.  That is lower no fat, manipulation of carbs and high protein.  No matter how you try to get around it, you can't CHEAT and think that your body is going to be at a low % body fat.  Its not going to happen.  I don't give a dayum what kind of supplements strong or not you are taking  you have to eat clean the entire time.




There will be times of course that I am sure your trainer will give you cheat days because you are ahead of schedule.  Those people are blessed.  lol  Everyday you have to cook your food ahead of time, eat on time and not cheat.

I hear all the time where people say they cheat the whole time and they are ripped.  Well, first of all people tell you shit to through yo azz off.  Remember crazy, this is a COMPETITION.  LMMFAO
There are so many haters out there.  Your best friend is probably hatin on you and you don't even know it.  Even a family member.

Now, that was diet... lets touch on Training...

It is so easy to workout... train, whatever you may call it.. but if you are doing the SAME SHIT every dayum day, you are not going to change.  Make sure that there is a mixture of cardio, high reps, low reps, heavy weight and light weight all the time.. Don't remain the same by allowing your workouts to remain the same.

Just think about it....if you DON'T have a  trainer and you train yourself, have a plan before you step yo azz in the gym.  Plan out your workout the night before, put it in your phone and pull it out when you get there.  Don't go on what someone else does, you know what your body needs.  If don't, hire a dayum trainer that TRAINS COMPETITORS, and go for it.



Cardio

Cardio is very important.  Sometimes you might have to do 3 hours just to get your body down.  People
don't like to admit that much cardio, but hey if your aren't on schedule you have to do what you have to do.  Most people do 2 hours a day.  If you don't have the time to do it.... this sport is not for you.. and this is just cardio I am talking about.  Get yo azz up at 5 do the first one... and do the last one when the kids are down at night.. BOOM!!

Money Money Money Money

This dayum sport is EXPENSIVE as hell. You have to buy good food, your supplements, pay your trainer, hire a posing coach, (we will touch on that too) tan, for women, makeup, hair, nails, toes, music, (if needed) Airfare, hotel, and transportation.  All of that and you might not ever get a dayum trophy.  Hell, this is not to discourage the folks that want to compete.  It is real talk.  There is only 1 TOP 5.  The rest go home with nada.

Hire a posing coach that can teach you how to present your body.  STOP looking at YouTube Videos and think that you can POSE.  lol.  I love YouTube but I am not going to watch a video and then think I can get on stage in front of hundreds of people.  wow.  Think about it.  There are professionals out there that do this for a living.  Don't waste time and major money thinking.. "Oh, I got this".  lol
yeah right.

But My Homeboys think I look Great. 

 Just because a mutha fucka in the gym said you look like you should be on stage doesnt mean that you should.  You might be the FINEST person in YOUR gym but standing next to a man or chick from Tennessee that is a Field Hand, that is a different story.

Do your research because you might not have the symmetry you think you have.  What I mean by that is your body must present an X.... wide shoulders, small waist and thick legs... Not big upper body with chicken legs.  That goes for men and women.  Women in all categories you have to have TITIES, if you don't you won't win.  I don't give a dayum what the rest of your body looks like you are not going to win a NATIONAL show.. Yeah you might win a local show in your hometown but NATIONALLY you can fuckin forget it.  If you are BIKINI, you also need to have a nice ass,.  can't be flat and it  can't be FAT.  Gone are the days where the sistas have the best asses.  I have seen some white girls that have great ones and they are not flabby or with hail damage.  One thing about sistas, yeah we have some curvy asses, but with that comes hail damage on it and on the hamstrings and quads.  White gurls tone that shyt up.  Now, I am not talking the average person, I am talking about competitors.  And of course not everyone.  Those brazilian girls were BORN THAT WAY.. great butts...

Popeye

Guys, it is not all about your dayum chest and biceps.  What about training your legs.. Pump them up... Squat dayum it.  Get yo azz to the ground.  Get yo azz tight.  Nothing worse than seeing a dude on stage with a flabby azz.  DAYUM. SMDH.  LMMFAO.
Again, this is not the average man I am talking about..... I am talking about the competitor.  Just because you walk around the gym with yo chest out, azz out, suckin in that gut and yo homeboy told you that you should compete...... he is settin yo azz up.  lol.  Seek professional help.. Hire a trainer.



You have to have a PASSION for the sport.  You have to be selfish... because it is ALL about you.  You have to have an understanding mate because you are going to be a bitch on the diet.  I know a lot of people that break up because of competitions.

Think about it before you call someone and say hey can you get me ready for a competition because My next question is can you DIET??



























No comments:

Post a Comment